What you do every day can support your skin’s health and beauty – or work against it! Now’s the perfect time to rethink your routines and ditch the ones that are stealing your gorgeous glow. Here are five bad habits that our Lone Tree aesthetic professionals want you to break in 2022:
- Smoking: If you needed another reason to give up smoking, then you got one. Nicotine – along with other harmful chemicals in cigarettes – contributes to premature skin aging. It can also play a role in the development of dark spots, scarring, psoriasis, spider veins, eczema, skin cancer, and other conditions. Quitting now can help stop the skin damage.
- Forgetting to apply sunscreen: Did you know that UV exposure is thought to cause up to 90% of the visible changes to your skin? In fact, there’s even a term for it. Photoaging is the result of cumulative sun damage throughout your life. You can minimize photoaging by wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen daily, like Total Defense + Repair.
- Going to bed without washing your face: It’s tempting to hit the hay without doing your skincare routine, especially if you’re feeling tired or unmotivated. However, it’s also a far worse habit than you may realize. If you don’t cleanse your skin at night, you won’t remove the oil, bacteria, and pollutants that can build up. This can cause all sorts of problems, including acne, wrinkles, clogged pores, dullness, and other skin concerns.
- Microneedling your skin at home: Just because it hurts, doesn’t mean it’s working. In addition to causing discomfort, at-home microneedling can lead to infection, micro-tears in the skin, scarring, and hyperpigmentation. Why risk it? Leave treatments such as microneedling (and next-generation microchanneling) to the skin professionals.
- Eating unhealthy foods: A poor diet can cause several skin issues. White bread, sweets, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, salt, and even spicy foods all have potential links to common complexion woes. Making just a few smart swaps can really save your skin.
Book a Free Skin Consultation in Lone Tree
We can give you the tools you need to bring out the best in your skin! Call 303-662-8668 to schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation. Our team will gladly discuss the lifestyle changes and professional treatments that can help solve your complexion concerns. Park Meadows Aesthetics serves Lone Tree, Denver, and the surrounding areas of Colorado.