We’re excited to help you get ready for your next appointment at Park Meadows Aesthetics. Review the information on this page so you can arrive at our office feeling prepared and confident.
We will provide detailed pre-treatment and post-treatment guidelines during your complimentary consultation. If you live in Lone Tree, Denver, or a nearby Colorado area and you’re ready to schedule your initial visit, call us at 303-662-8668 today.
What to Do Before Receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic or Fillers
Injectables require very little preparation to get a good result. The following tips will help you minimize bruising and swelling for an effortless cosmetic improvement:
- Avoid alcohol, especially wine, for 3-4 days before treatment.
- Avoid NSAIDs, such as Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), Aleve, and Aspirin for 3-4 days before treatment unless medically indicated.
- Avoid supplements, most importantly fish oil, for 3-4 days before treatment.
- Consider a low sodium diet before your injection.
- Come hydrated!
- Don’t work out for at least an hour before your appointment.
- Consider your stress level. Elevated stress levels are linked to increased bruising/ swelling.
- Think about buying Arnica montana over the counter and taking it prior to injection. We also have it available for purchase at our office.
- Drink pineapple juice. It contains an enzyme called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
Swelling and bruising are always possible. That’s why it’s a good idea to plan ahead. Schedule your appointment at least two weeks before any important events.
Things to Avoid After Getting BOTOX® Cosmetic
There’s virtually no downtime involved with BOTOX® Cosmetic. You should be able to resume most normal activities right away. However, there are a few things you should avoid.
- Don’t do anything to raise your heart rate immediately after getting BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Don’t place your head below your heart for 4-6 hours after a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. That includes laying face-down for a massage or doing yoga.
- Don’t rub, massage, or apply pressure to the injection site.
We’ll never let you walk out the door without reviewing aftercare instructions and what to expect over the next few days. We have Registered Nurses available to speak with you and answer any questions that may come up during the week.
Discover What Sets Us Apart
Our team is committed to your satisfaction. Here’s how we create a world-class experience for you:
- All the products we offer have lidocaine in them for your comfort. Ice will also be provided during your injectable treatment, and we’ll send you home with an extra ice pack.
- Massage of the product (if necessary) is completed with medical-grade skincare.
- We specialize in areas of high blood flow, such as the lips and tear troughs, and we want to set you up for success. Remember to be kind to yourself after getting fillers in these areas and be patient when it comes to seeing results.
How to Take Your Treatment to the Next Level
We know that you want to get the most out of your time in our office. Here are some great ways to elevate your BOTOX® Cosmetic or dermal filler appointment:
- We allow ample time during your injection appointment to visit with our nurse. Take advantage of this time to discuss other services we offer, such as CoolSculpting®, sclerotherapy, professional skincare products, and even plastic surgery!
- Consider another service while you’re here. IV therapy is a popular add-on that won’t increase your overall appointment time.
- Think about starting on B-12 shots. Talk to our nurse for more information.
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation Today
We offer complimentary consultations for BOTOX® Cosmetic, dermal fillers, and other aesthetic services. Call 303-662-8668 today to schedule a visit to our office or to ask any questions that you may have about treatment. We proudly serve Lone Tree, Denver, and nearby Colorado areas.