Expert Botox Injectors in Denver & Lone Tree, CO
Years of facial expressions leave creases on certain areas of your face. You may have noticed lines between your eyebrows and at the corners of your eyes, and they may only be getting worse as time goes on. It happens to men and women – but for women, whose faces tend to be more animated than men's, and whose skin is typically more delicate, these lines may appear exaggerated and more permanent.
Fortunately, BOTOX® Cosmetic smoothes and softens these lines, so you can enjoy renewed confidence in your appearance. To schedule a complimentary consultation in the greater Denver area, please call Park Meadows Aesthetics at 303.662.8668.
What Is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is an injectable. It is composed of the protein Botulinum Toxin Type A, brought to you by Allergan, the same company bringing you Juvederm® XC, Latisse® and SkinMedica®. Since it became popular in the early 2000s, BOTOX® Cosmetic has been administered to millions of people across the US.
Who is a good candidate to receive botox injections?
At Park Meadows Aesthetics, we make sure each guest knows their skin rejuvenation options. Our experienced plastic surgeons and qualified Aesthetic Nurse Injectors can determine if BOTOX® is right for you, either alone or in combination with another treatment.
A consultation is the only way to find out if you are a candidate. BOTOX® is FDA-approved to treat lines between your eyebrows, but has in fact been used for several types of wrinkles:
- Vertical creases between your eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow's feet
- Excessive underarm sweating
If you are not sure whether it can treat the wrinkles you want to soften, simply visit our practice for a complimentary consultation. We can determine whether BOTOX® will work or if you will instead benefit from another injectable or filler to smooth creases.
The BOTOX® Process
BOTOX® is administered with an injection, below the surface of your skin. Once injected into the targeted muscle, it relaxes the repeated muscle activity that causes these wrinkles to form. For example, the vertical lines between your eyebrows are formed by years of facial expressions. As the years pass, the lines become deeper and more pronounced. BOTOX® halts the creasing of the skin.
The injections themselves are described as painless by most people. You may feel a slight pinch as the needle is inserted, but the vast majority of our patients tolerate the treatment very well.
Immediately after a BOTOX® Cosmetic injection, you can expect the injection sites to have some redness and swelling. You will notice the product taking effect within 3-5 days, although some people notice the effect in the first 24 hours. The optimal results will be seen at 2 weeks, lasting 3-4 months.
Occasionally the needle may puncture a small blood vessel during the injection and a small bruise may develop. This can last from 5-10 days and might require makeup to cover. Most patients can easily return to work the same day without any problems, other than potential bruising.
BOTOX® may last 3-4 months, depending on where it is injected and how much is injected.Our experienced nurses will suggest the number of units needed to produce your desired outcome. After the results fade, injections can be re-administered to restore the effect.
No Downtime Required
The great thing about this injectable and others like it is that there is no downtime. After your appointment, you may return to work or your other routine activities. You should avoid rubbing the injection sites for 24-48 hours. Any minor bruising or redness can usually be concealed with cosmetics.
BOTOX® for Men
These days, more men are seeking the same youthful and refreshed appearance that women seek with non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Non-surgical treatments like BOTOX® are no exception. In fact, recent evidence suggests that increasing numbers of men are opting into BOTOX® treatment. For men, the benefits can be many, including increased confidence and self-esteem, which can improve many aspects of your life, from the social to the professional.
With age, men begin to develop creases and wrinkles across their foreheads, between the eyebrows and in other areas where muscle activity repeatedly scrunches the skin. If you are a man experiencing these types of fine lines, you may feel like you appear older than you feel. Or you may have an angry, frustrated or unapproachable appearance simply because of the effect of the wrinkles on your facial expression. With BOTOX®, you can enjoy a more youthful appearance without surgery. BOTOX® benefits are not gender specific, so all of the things that women have come to love about BOTOX® are available to men as well:
- Fast and painless injection appointments
- Doesn't have a prolonged recovery period or require you to miss work
- Injections are minimally invasive
- Provides results for 3-4 months
- Suited for a variety of wrinkles including crow’s feet, frown lines, forehead lines and worry lines
- Treatments can be repeated on your unique schedule
- Results can last longer with consecutive treatments
The only way to know if BOTOX® is right for your goals is to visit our experienced and board-certified plastic surgeons. At Park Meadows Aesthetics in Lone Tree, CO, we are personally committed to ensuring you know all of your cosmetic options for achieving the rejuvenation you want.
Whether you want to have the commanding youthful presence to manage the board room, or the easy, relaxed appearance of an approachable little league coach, BOTOX® might be the right option for you.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at Park Meadows Aesthetics understand that a man's goals for his appearance and rejuvenation are different than the results a woman wants. We provide results that complement your masculinity while rejuvenating your entire face. We will be happy to discuss whether BOTOX®, a facial filler or another option might be right for you.
4 Common BOTOX Myths
- MYTH: BOTOX® is only for women. Actually, increasing numbers of men are getting BOTOX®. According to botoxcosmetic.com, 1 in 10 BOTOX® patients are men. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 410,000 men received BOTOX® in 2014. And recent research indicates that number will continue to grow. It seems that men are also interested in maintaining a youthful facial expression, which they report boosts confidence in social and professional settings.
- MYTH: BOTOX® can smooth any wrinkle. This injectable smoothes those lines that are formed by the repeated contractions of muscles, which occurs when you smile, laugh, frown and furrow your brow. On the other hand, deep folds formed by loss of volume and skin sagging may be better treated with a facial filler like Juvederm.
- MYTH: You'll look "frozen" after the treatment. Our guests can still express the full range of emotions after BOTOX® treatment. Our experienced nurses inject BOTOX® into a specific location in the muscle. That exact location is relaxed, while the surrounding area is unaffected. So although you will have smooth skin near the corners of your eyes, or on your forehead or between your brows, you will still be able to express yourself fully, without wrinkles.
- MYTH: All BOTOX® providers are the same. You may see BOTOX® services offered at many different types of businesses, including your dentist's office or your ophthalmologist's practice. Most of these providers are offering the injectable legally and in accordance with Colorado state law. At the very least, you should ask any provider if they are legally allowed to inject BOTOX® in the state. And ideally, you may want to choose experienced cosmetic specialists who provide these injections every day, and who are skilled in facial rejuvenation services.
The average patient receives anywhere from 10-40 units, depending on how many areas they would like treated and the strength of the muscles treated. Before your injection, a nurse will discuss with you how many units you will need to help reach your goals and how much that will cost.
Enroll in the Alle® program and earn points every time you receive a CoolSculpting Elite, BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment, JUVÉDERM® XC Injection, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injection, Latisse® or SkinMedica® purchase from our office. Redeem your points for savings on your next treatment or on other select treatments that your doctor may determine are right for you. Enroll now!
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation
For a complimentary consultation or to arrange BOTOX® treatment in Lone Tree, Colorado, please call Park Meadows Aesthetics at 303.662.8668 or use the contact form on this page. We are proud to provide advanced care in a state-of-the-art setting to women and men from Denver and all of the surrounding areas.