What is Dermaplane?
Hormonal changes can affect women in so many ways – one of which is an increase in peach fuzz-like hair on our faces. Dermaplaning is a non-invasive skin treatment that uses a blade to exfoliate the surface of your skin and remove unwanted hair without any downtime. This leaves your face feeling smooth, enhances product penetration and your makeup glides on flawlessly.
Who needs Dermaplane?
This treatment is a great option if you are experiencing dry or flaky skin or if you see an increase in vellus hair, also known as peach fuzz. It is also ideal if you have an upcoming event and want a beautiful makeup application. Our dermaplaning procedure incorporates Obagi Medical Skincare as well as a deeply hydrating, hyaluronic acid-based mask so that you leave feeling refreshed and your skin feels silky smooth.
What should I expect?
It’s best to come to your appointment with your makeup removed and your face recently washed. The treatment itself is approximately 30 minutes and there is no downtime. You’ll leave feeling rejuvenated and thrilled at how soft your skin feels after this treatment. Ideally, you have this treatment performed monthly for best results. This is a great add-on procedure to several other treatments we offer - call to find out more about our add-on pricing!
What are the after-care instructions?
Dermaplane after care is very straightforward and there is no downtime, but here are some good reminders as you plan for your procedure:
• Avoid wearing makeup on the day of treatment.
• Avoid harsh chemicals or exfoliating agents for 48 hours after treatment.
• The evening of your treatment, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and warm (not hot) water. Follow with gentle products.
• Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for 3-5 days, always apply/reapply SPF every 80 minutes when exposed to sun.
• Avoid excessive exercise for 24-48 hours.
• Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
• Pick up your normal skincare routine after 24-48 hours.
It is not uncommon to experience minor skin breakouts after a dermaplaning treatment.