Winter weather is settling in and that means you need to change up your skin care routine to ensure that your skin stays soft and beautiful over the cold weather months. November is National Healthy Skin Month and a great time to brush up on winter skin care tips to protect the health and beauty of your skin this winter.
- Wash with lukewarm water. It can be tempting to linger under hot water in the cold months, but it’s one of the quickest ways to dry out your skin. Opt for lukewarm water, especially when washing your face or hands throughout the day.
- Moisturize damp skin. One of the best ways to lock moisture in is to apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp. Keep your favorite moisturizer in easy reach of the bath or the sink to make this a daily habit.
- Choose your moisturizer carefully. Not all moisturizers are the same. Choose a hydrating lotion that supports your skin’s natural ability to replenish its own hyaluronic acid for the best skin health.
At Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, we offer our patients a full line of SkinMedica® products to maintain healthy, youthful-looking skin. We can help you find the right products to suit your individual needs.
You Can Now Order SkinMedica® Online!
To help you stay on top of your skin care this winter, we now offer the SkinMedica® products you love online! Order online and have your favorite SkinMedica products shipped directly to your home with free shipping. They also offer a discount for setting up auto-ship on your products – a great option that will help keep those products in your regimen, too!
- Use sunscreen. UV protection isn’t just required in summer months; it should be a staple of your skin care routine all year long. Especially at higher elevations in Denver and the mountains, the sun has less atmosphere to penetrate, meaning your skin has more UV radiation to contend with than at lower elevations.
- Protect your skin. The simple act of wearing gloves and a scarf can help protect your skin from the harsh bite of winter chills. And as a bonus to protecting your skin, you can stylishly accessorize your winter wardrobe!
- Try a humidifier. Heating systems are notorious for drying out the air, and in our already dry climate, this can leave your skin cracking and craving moisture. Installing a humidifier in your home, especially your bedroom can help alleviate that dry skin feeling of winter.
- Hydrate from the inside out. You might find yourself reaching for coffee and cocoa more in the winter, but don’t forget to drink an adequate amount of water every day. Your skin will thank you for it! If you want a warm drink, try warm water with lemon for a refreshing, warming, and hydrating option.
From BOTOX® Cosmetic to the full family of Juvderm® dermal fillers to the full line of SkinMedica products, we are committed to offering our patients the products we trust to enhance your natural beauty!
To schedule your non-surgical facial rejuvenation consultation, please call Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery today at 303-706-1100. We welcome patients throughout the Denver and Lone Tree areas of Colorado.