BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple treatment to relax overworked facial muscles and fade lines. While it doesn’t require any downtime, it does call for some thoughtful aftercare on your part. Here are five things every patient should avoid following BOTOX® for the best possible results:
- Rubbing your face: There’s a chance that you could spread the injected material outside of the intended area if you apply excess pressure to the treated site. Don’t rub your face, get a head massage, or book another facial treatment for a full 24 hours.
- Strenuous exercise: Getting your heart pumping can lead to issues such as additional swelling and bruising as well as unwanted diffusion away from the injection site. That means you should put your strenuous workouts on hold for at least 4 hours or as long as your injector recommends.
- Lying down: Changes in head position can also cause your BOTOX to migrate. It’s important not to put your head below your heart for 4-6 hours after a treatment. That means no naps, yoga classes, or body massages following your injections.
- Alcohol and blood thinners: Alcohol and blood-thinning medications are vasodilators. Essentially, they widen blood vessels and increase blood flow, which may lead to more swelling and bruising at the injection site. Wait to consume them for better BOTOX results.
- Saunas and hot tubs: Heat can raise your blood pressure. Remember, elevated blood pressure is problematic because it can increase the risk of side effects like bruising, swelling, and diffusion. Steer clear of hot tubs, saunas, and tanning booths for at least 4 hours.
We want you to have all of the information you need. View our guide to preparing for your non-surgical cosmetic appointment. We cover essential pretreatment and posttreatment steps.
Have Questions About BOTOX® Aftercare?
Our talented team of Nurse Injectors will ensure that you’re familiar with important post-BOTOX® guidelines. We’re also available to answer questions about specific activities.
Call 303-662-8668 today to schedule your complimentary cosmetic consultation. Park Meadows Aesthetics proudly serves patients from Denver, Lone Tree, and nearby areas of Colorado.