Colorado is famous for its outdoor recreation. Whether you’re hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, skiing, or finding other ways to spend time in nature, it’s crucial to protect your skin. After all, the elements can do a number on your complexion unless you take appropriate precautions. Here are some tips from our Lone Tree and Denver area aesthetic professionals:
- Find a high-quality sunscreen you enjoy wearing: Colorado is sunny year-round and the UV rays are also more intense due to the elevation. Applying sunscreen is a great way to prevent damage and photoaging while enjoying the outdoors. Reach for a non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave a white cast, such as Total Defense + Repair from SkinMedica®. It also supports skin healing!
- Wear protective clothing and accessories: Clothing and accessories can give you a layer of sun protection on top of your sunscreen. For example, long-sleeve sun protection shirts offer coverage and are usually breathable enough for your favorite outdoor activities. Brimmed hats, neck gaiters, and arm sleeves are also good options for shielding your skin.
- Upgrade your at-home routine: High-quality gear from reputable companies simply performs better. Well, the same goes for skincare! Medical-grade skincare products are formulated based on years of research to promote long-term skin health while addressing issues like photodamage and wrinkles. We carry SkinMedica and Obagi.
- Treat yourself to a professional skin service: There’s nothing quite like pampering yourself after completing a long backpacking trip or winning a grueling marathon. Our office is a premier destination for skin services like injectables and microneedling.
- Tackle stubborn concerns from the inside out: Intravenous therapy can help decrease recovery time, enhance your athletic performance, and support overall wellness. It’s a treatment that every outdoor enthusiast should consider for those reasons alone. However, it can also help fight concerns like acne, wrinkles, and dullness from within. Ask our registered nurses about our popular Inner Beauty IV fluid blend!
Schedule a Skin Consultation Today
Many of our team members love getting outside just as much as you do. We will gladly help you protect your skin through a personalized combination of professional products and services. Call 303-662-8668 today to schedule a consultation. Park Meadows Aesthetics serves Denver, Lone Tree, and nearby areas of Colorado.